Shout out for MESH Festival Volunteers
Thu 24 July to Friday 1 August
This summer Pegasus Theatre in association with Northwall Arts Centre will be hosting Mesh, an international youth arts festival created by, for and with young people. The festival brings together 160 young people from around the world to share their culture and create exciting original theatre over a ten day period.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, energetic and committed volunteers to become Mesh Assistants. You will help the festival run smoothly by;
- Acting as ushers for festival performances
- Welcoming audiences to Pegasus and the Northwall Arts Centre
- Hosting the international participants at Mesh; escorting them round the city to rehearsals spaces and performances
- Helping to prepare and serve lunch to all participants; carrying out general kitchen duties
- Carrying out any other duties within the scope and spirit of the role!
- Great communication skills and an ability to engage with the Mesh Team.
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm and logical under pressure.
- Good team working skills and ability to work independently.
- A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ approach.
- A good understanding of the importance of hygiene and adhering to health and safety practice.
- Good time management with a commitment to arriving promptly for shifts.
And in exchange, we’ll give you;
- Experience of working on an international youth arts festival.
- Experience of working in a professional arts environment.
- The chance to see a whole range of international theatre shows.
- Transferable skills in; time management, team working, effective communication.
Team meeting and training session, Monday 14 July, 5 to 6.30pm and a minimum of 3 shifts within the 9 day period; Thu 24 July to Friday 1 August, times TBC between 9am and 10pm.
General volunteer opportunities:
Become a volunteer at Pegasus and you will gain skills and experience as well as see some great shows.
We have opportunities for volunteers in many areas from ushering to gardening and from leaflet distribution to fundraising. Please get in touch to find out what you can do.
Marketing Volunteers call 01865 812 171 or email email@example.com
Fundraising Volunteers call 01865 812 173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or for any other volunteering opportunities call Donna Waterer on 01865 812 154 or email email@example.com